Intuit QuickBooks: How to Repair Various Issues with the Software
Your QuickBooks Desktop for Windows may experience some problems that may require that the software undergo some repairs. It’s important to learn how to repair the software so that you don’t find yourself in a difficult situation anytime the software encounters a technical error.
So, if you come across an error while installing, using, or even updating QuickBooks, the first step to take will be to run the QuickBooks repair tool or QuickBooks Desktop Tool Hub. The repair tool can help you to fix multiple common errors immediately. There are many issues you can fix using this tool, including:
- QuickBooks Error 6123
- QuickBooks Error H202
- QuickBooks Company File Problems
- QuickBooks Installation Issues
- QuickBooks Networking issues
- PDF and Printing issues
- QuickBooks Crashing
In the following steps, you’re going to learn the steps to use this tool to provide a fix to various errors affecting your QuickBooks Desktop for Windows.
Step One: Download and Install QB Tool Hub
- Step number one to successful Intuit QuickBooks Repair is to download and then install the QB Tool Hub. The Hub will help to fix various common issues. To have a smooth experience, please use the latest version of the Tool Hub.
- Close your QuickBooks.You must download the latest version of the QB Tool Hub. Once you download it, save that file on your computer somewhere that’s easily accessible. You could, for example, save the file on your Desktop folder.
Note: If you’ve already installed the Tool Hub, you should first discover the version you have. To do that, choose the “Home” tab and the version is going to be displayed on the bottom right of the screen. You can also choose “About” to see the version.
- Next, open the downloaded file (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up the version. Agree to the T&C.
- Once the installation process is finished, double-click the QuickBooks icon to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
Step Two: Utilize the QuickBooks Tool Hub
Keep in mind that the QuickBooks Tool Hub is a launch-pad for the tools you’re going to use during your QuickBooks repair for the various issues you may be facing. Each tab on the Hub has a collection of tools designed to address different issues.
- Choose the “Company File Issues” tab if you’re experiencing error messages when you try to open your Company File or blank lists or missing. That will open the “Quick Fix my file” and the “QB File Doctor”. If you require extra help, choose “File Doctor Help” on your Company File tab.
- Choose the “Network Issues” tab in case you’re experiencing issues with your network or your systems over a network like Error H202. Note that you have to be o your server PC.
- Choose the “Program Problems” tab in case you encounter performance problems, issues opening the program, the program stopped working/crashing, and Error 6123. It’s highly recommended that you first use the “Quick Fix my Program”. Additionally, you can utilize this tab in resolving common printing and PDF-related issues.
- If you’re experiencing trouble with installation, reinstallation, or uninstallation of QuickBooks Desktop, then choose the “Installation Issues” tab. Moreover, you can resolve error 3371.
- If you require resetting your password, then you should choose the “Password Reset” tab to perform QB Repair.
- Choose the “Help and Support” tab if you need to contact QuickBooks repair support, manage your account, or if you’re speaking to an agent. What’s more, you can also offer feedback on any of these tools.
- Last but not least, choose the “Advanced Tools” tab to enjoy common Window shortcuts utilized in troubleshooting common QB errors.
It’s important to note that if the software from the QB Tool Hub isn’t installed, then it will download automatically in the background. It will take between 2 to 3 minutes for the process to complete. Ensure you’re patient enough and you don’t end up closing out of the install, otherwise the tool may refuse to run.
Quicken Repair: How to Fix Common Issues
Quicken is a great personal financial management tool. The software requires constant updating to ensure optimal performance. If you’re updating the Quicken version you’re having to the latest release, you may encounter issues that may compromise your smooth working with the software. At that point, you’ll require an immediate fix.
If your Desktop Quicken (Quicken for Windows) is unable to open after updating to the latest version, chances are that you’re encountering installation issues that are preventing the software from opening. If that’s the case, then you need to perform Quicken repair.
Note: Quicken isn’t designed for use over a shared drive (like Google Drive or OneDrive) or a network. While it’s possible to back up your data files to a network, you ought to open or run Quicken on a network. You must ensure that Quicken is set up on the hard drive of your computer system.
Step one: Restart your PC
Restarting your computer can help in fixing issues with Quicken. Right-click on the Windows Start button on the bottom left. Choose sign out or shut down, then “Restart”. If that doesn’t solve issues, you can proceed to the following step.
Step Two: Reinstall the Update Patch
Go to the Quicken official website and find a list of patches. Choose the year of your Quicken version, download, and then install your update patch. Once you install the patch, restart your system. However, if the installation doesn’t solve the issues, proceed to the next step for Quicken repair.
Step Three: Try to Open Quicken Without Data File
To do that, press and hold Ctrl + Shift on your computer’s keyboard and then double-click on the “Quicken icon”. Continue holding Ctrl + Shift until the software opens. If that happens, there may be a problem with your Data File that’s preventing Quicken from opening well. Follow the steps below to “Restore” a backup file.
Next, you need o “Validate” the restored backup file. To do that, go to File and then click on “File Operations” and choose “Validate and Repair”. Check the “Validate” file and then click “OK”. If Quicken is unable to open without a data file, proceed to the next step.
Step Four: Temporarily disable Firewall and Anti-Virus
The firewall and/or anti-virus on your system could be preventing Quicken from operating property. They will require being disabled or having the settings up-to-date to incorporate Quicken as safe software. If you don’t know to upgrade these settings, you should get in touch with your firewall or anti-virus provider. If this doesn’t resolve the issues, proceed to the following step five.
Step Five: Remove and Re-install Quicken
Use QcleanUI for Quicken repair due to installation problems with Quicken for Windows. Before you reinstall Quicken, make sure you disable your firewall and anti-virus. Reinstall Quicken and reactive your firewall/anti-virus. If issues persist, we recommend that you contact Quicken support.
QuickBooks Payroll Repair: How to Troubleshoot Various Common Issues
QuickBooks PayPal is among the most popular and useful accounting payroll services designed for businesses. The software has several important features that help to simplify the operations of a business. The amazing thing about this application is that it helps business owners to pay employees easily. Below, we discuss common QB Payroll errors and QuickBooks Payroll Repair.
While using QuickBooks Payroll, many situations may come about when you encounter common QB Payroll errors. These issues mostly happen when you try to update QuickBooks Payroll, try to install an employee for a child support deduction, QB tax table update, try to pay employees, etc. Below, find some of the reasons for these errors.
- Incorrect billing information
- Invalid EIN (Employer Identification Number)
- While you try to update QuickBooks Payroll to the most recent version
- In case the QB Company File is corrupted or damaged
- If you haven’t registered your QB software
- If your tax table in your PayPal folder is damaged
The following are some of the most common errors in QuickBooks Payroll
- QB Payroll Error PS032
- QB Payroll Error PS077
- QB Payroll Error PS077
- QB Payroll Error PS107
- QB Payroll Error 15240
- QB Payroll Error PS033 where the user finds difficulties downloading the latest version of payroll.
If you’re experiencing one of the above problems and you’re looking for Intuit Payroll Repair, the following solutions will help you a great deal.
Solution One: Run QuickBooks Repair
Step one: Click on the “Start” button and choose “Control Panel”
Step two: Double-click on “Add” or “Remove Programs”
Step three: Choose the QB program and then click on “Change/Remove”
Step four: Click “Next” in the “QB Installation” window
Step five: Choose ‘Repair”, click on the “Next” button and the “Repair” in the “QB Maintenance” window
Step six: Click on “Finish” in the “QB Maintenance Complete” window
Solution Two: Uninstall & Reinstall QuickBooks
Step one: Click on the “Start” icon and then choose the “Control Panel” option
Step two: Under the “Programs” and then click “Uninstall a Program”
Step three: Choose your desired QB Payroll Program that you wish to uninstall
Step four: Click on the “Change/Uninstall” option. Please be patient since the process might take some time to complete.
Step five: When the installation is complete, restart your computer
Step six: Reinstall the QB Payroll software
Solution Three: Manually Delete these QB Installation Folders:
- C:\Program Files\Intuit
- C:\Documents & Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit
- C:\Documents & Settings\All User\Application Data\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Document & Settings\All users\Documents (Shared Documents)\Intuit
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
Solution Four: Rename CPS Folder
Before you proceed to the next step, first you require updating the QB Payroll Tax table. From there, you need to find out whether the QuickBooks File Repair has been successful or not. If the error is still persistent, you can try following these steps for successful QuickBooks Enterprise Repair.
Step one: Open “My Computer” and go to the “Local Drive: C\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xxx\Components\Payroll\CPS”. The XX denotes the year of your QB version such as QB 2019, 2018, etc.
Step two: Rename the CPS folder to “CP SOLD” and find out whether the error has been solved or not.
Step three: Update the QB Payroll Tax Table and find out if the issues are fixed or not. If it’s not resolved, try the following solution.
Solution Five: Disable UAC (User Account Control)
Follow these steps in changing UAC settings if you’re using Windows 10 and below.
Step one: Press and hold “Windows + R” on the keyboard. That will open the “Windows Run” program
Step two: In the window, type “Control Panel” and click “OK”
Step three: Click on “User Accounts” and choose the “Classic View (User Account)” option
Step four: Navigate to “Change user account control settings” and then choose “Never Notify”
Hopefully, the solutions above have helped you to resolve the issues you’re experiencing with your QuickBooks Desktop software. If you’re still unable to fix the issues or you require QuickBooks Invoice Repair or QuickBooks Invoice Repair, get in touch with Intuit support for professional assistance.
QuickBooks Point of Sale: A Great Point of Sale System
QB Point of Sale offers the best solution for small and medium-sized businesses. Anyone can afford this Point of Sale system. So, if you’re planning to open a retail store, then a point of sale solution.
QuickBooks Point of Sale offers all you need to ensure smooth business performance. You can easily import items into inventory, install sales tax, create sales orders, layaways, work orders, and much more.
Additionally, you can get the hardware bundle, which works great with QB Point of Sales. That includes all the above hardware together with a credit card swipe to allow you to take debit and credit cards.
Generally, the QuickBooks Point of Sales is a perfect sales tool. Though the QuickBooks Enterprise is designed to ensure business success, the Point of Sales is focused on enhancing sales. In case of any issues with the QB Point of Sales, you can easily access reliable QuickBooks POS Support by contacting the Intuit support center.
QuickBooks is an excellent tool for business. Sometimes you might experience issues that may hinder your performance. Don’t hesitate to call in for QuickBooks Repair. Whether experiencing issues with the QB Enterprise, QB Invoice, or the QB Company File, the Intuit professional team has got you covered!